13 questions for a briefing on 3D product rendering
March 12, 2021
Before starting with a 3D product rendering, it is often helpful to talk about goals, projects and ideas. This not only leads to better project planning, but also guarantees excellent 3D renderings.
The Product Rendering Kickoff Meeting
The more precisely the customer’s wishes and requirements are formulated, the more successful the 3D product rendering often is. In addition to relevant reference material, asking detailed questions in the briefing is also extremely helpful. The following is an excerpt from our questionnaire here at Optimal3D.
Questions in a briefing:
- What sets you apart from your competitors? USP?
- What values would you like to communicate through the product rendering?
- Who is your target audience?
- Stylized 3D (e.g. line drawing for user manual) or photorealistic 3D rendering?
- Where will the 3D product rendering be used afterwards?
- 3D output format? 3D still image/3D animation/Web360 rotation? Resolution?
- How many renderings and camera angles do you need?
- How do we get the 3D model? Reference photos? Drawings? 3D data?
- What materials should be used on the product?
- Is there artwork/logos that should be placed on the product rendering?
- Which materials are in the focus and should be emphasized?
- Time frame for creation?
- A sample animation/visualization whose style you really like.